Big Red Worms (Cook Grow Sew, LLC) Lincoln, NE
Big Red Worms is one of the largest privately held organic recycling and vermicomposting companies in the State of Nebraska. We partner with municipalities and local businesses to help them achieve their recycling goals. From the organic waste streams that we receive, we manufacture high quality compost, soil blends, and mulches to be used for beautification for the landscape. We have a full line of bulk and bagged products to meet our customer’s needs. If you are looking for a great opportunity to work with a rapidly growing company in a fast growing industry you should apply today. For more information please visit our website at www.bigredworms.com
To manage the operation to include compost, soil and mulch manufacturing, packaging, bulk and packaged material handling/distribution, maintain equipment and facilities, along with safety and environmental compliance.
- Plan and set production goals based on forecast and business needs.
- Provide leadership and development to operational associates to provide adequate succession planning.
- Implements and enforces safety policies.
- Ensures environmental compliance and knowledge of local, state and federal regulations.
- Directs all operation associates in execution of company objectives
- Controls and minimize expenses.
- Set stretch objectives, distributes the workload appropriately, lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results; is a clear communicator.
- Plan and facilitate strategic meetings and standard operating procedure review meetings to monitor process execution and participation at all levels.
- Develop and maintain local sales and customer relationships.
- Procure supply and services for the facility.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Business Acumen.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Decision Making.
- Performance Management.
- Results Driven.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Financial Management.
This job operates in a number of environments both outside in production areas, remotely on job sites as well as a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This role also uses large equipment and machinery and requires the ability to learn safety procedures. Processes in place at Big Red Worms have been specifically implemented for our business and this role requires the ability to follow through with specific instruction and respect to the way the processes are done.
Required Education and Experience :
- Four year college degree or equivalent experience.
- Management experience or equivalent manufacturing environment is beneficial.
- Experience with composting, soil, much manufacturing organics or solid waste recycling, agricultural or a greenhouse manufacturing industry environment preferred.
- Two years minimum experience with safety programs related to environmental and safety regulations and experience in implementation.
Ability to lift 50lbs, work with hand tools, large equipment/machinery, work at a fast pace in an environment where the work varies daily.
- management: 5 years (Required)
- Production Management: 5 years (Required)
- safety programs: 2 years (Required)
Send us an introduction letter and resume to email@example.com. Interviews will be scheduled M-F after 5pm at the Big Red Worms office. Visit our Facebook Page to learn more about what we do.