Big Red Worms (Cook Grow Sew, LLC) Lincoln, NE
Big Red Worms is one of the largest privately held organic recycling and vermicomposting companies in the State of Nebraska. We partner with municipalities and local businesses to help them achieve their recycling goals. From the organic waste streams that we receive, we manufacture high quality compost, soil blends, and mulches to be used for beautification for the landscape. We have a full line of bulk and bagged products to meet our customer’s needs. If you are looking for a great opportunity to work with a rapidly growing company in a fast growing industry you should apply today. For more information please visit our website at www.bigredworms.com
Big Red Worms has operated in Lincoln, NE since 2015 as a commercial composting facility located in Air Park. We are seeking an experienced and responsible Compost Supervisor who will report to the Operations Manager. This is a skilled position involving the operating and maintaining our composting facility, which requires public contact responsibilities. This position would organize and supervise the overall production and application of compost and dry fertilizers.
- Proven supervisory experience.
- Record keeping, scheduling, following regulations and procedures
- Knowledge of the entire composting process is a plus
- Ability to work flexible schedules
- Must be able to meet physical demands that include but are not limited to: lifting up to 50lbs., sitting or standing for extended periods of time and working in inclement weather.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Operating and maintaining numerous composting facilities, which requires public contact responsibilities.
- Organize and supervise the overall production and application of compost and dry fertilizers.
- Responsible for State and/or County permitting and regulations of composting and green waste facilities.
Bachelor’s Degree in an agricultural field of study, crop or soil science, or equivalent experience in a composting processing function
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to set and achieve goals
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Process improvement and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office
Send us an introduction letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be scheduled M-F after 5pm at the Big Red Worms office. Visit our Facebook Page to learn more about what we do.