Big Red Worms (Cook Grow Sew, LLC) Lincoln, NE
Big Red Worms is one of the largest privately held organic recycling and vermicomposting companies in the State of Nebraska. We partner with municipalities and local businesses to help them achieve their recycling goals. From the organic waste streams that we receive, we manufacture high quality compost, soil blends, and mulches to be used for beautification for the landscape. We have a full line of bulk and bagged products to meet our customer’s needs. If you are looking for a great opportunity to work with a rapidly growing company in a fast growing industry you should apply today. For more information please visit our website at www.bigredworms.com
Performs skilled equipment operator and labor tasks relative to composting operations, along with general maintenance and upkeep for heavy equipment. Works under the direct supervision of Operations Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working knowledge of composting procedures and processes
- Working knowledge of basic hand tools
- Ability to operate composting or comparable equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to administer all general upkeep regarding operating equipment.
- Ability to use and care for basic hand tools
- Ability to prepare neat and accurate basic/minor reports
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to work in all types of weather.
- Ability to administer excellent customer service
- Experience with composting, soil, much manufacturing organics or solid waste recycling, agricultural or a greenhouse manufacturing industry environment preferred.
- Perform general housekeeping of office and composting operations area
- Monitor all aspects of the composting operations area and report issues to Operations Manager
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to make accurate mathematical calculations.
- Ability to identify hazardous and potentially hazardous situations.
- Ability to develop and implement a budget.
- Ability to interpret and explain rules, regulations and policies relating to solid waste programs.
- Ability to prepare and present oral and written information and minor reports
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, contracted agencies and workers, other employees, supervisory personnel and the public.
- Knowledge of basic equipment repair, and maintenance procedures and standards, and the ability to utilize this knowledge to complete work assignments.
- Ability to follow established safety procedures while completing work activities and operating assigned equipment.
- Be highly motivated and self-directed.
- Perform a minor mechanical duties in a garage and periodically in the field and is frequently exposed to heavy equipment, moving parts, noise, dust, grease, vehicle fumes, fuels and cleaning chemicals normally associated with auto maintenance and repair. Also, performs operational duties outdoors and may be exposed to extreme temperatures, inclement weather and traffic. Safety precautions must be followed at all times to avoid injury to self and others. Out of town may be seldom to occasional.
- Must Be Able to Stand, Sit, Kneel, Bend and Walk Without Restrictions. Some of These Actions May Be Done on A Repetitive Basis.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. (Heavier Lifting May Be Required at Times.)
Send us an introduction letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be scheduled M-F after 5pm at the Big Red Worms office. Visit our Facebook Page to learn more about what we do.