Big Red Worms (Cook Grow Sew, LLC) Lincoln, NE
Big Red Worms is one of the largest privately held organic recycling and vermicomposting companies in the State of Nebraska. We partner with municipalities and local businesses to help them achieve their recycling goals. From the organic waste streams that we receive, we manufacture high quality compost, soil blends, and mulches to be used for beautification for the landscape. We have a full line of bulk and bagged products to meet our customer’s needs. If you are looking for a great opportunity to work with a rapidly growing company in a fast growing industry you should apply today. For more information please visit our website at www.bigredworms.com
It’s amazing to think that TWO-THIRDS of the 245 million tons of solid waste generated each year in the US can be composted!
We want your help so Nebraska can do its part to divert this organic waste from landfills.
We’re Big Red Worms and we collect and deliver organic waste from businesses our facility where it can become compost.
If the idea of saving the world through this mission, working with great co-workers, and independence on the job appeal to you, we want to hear from you.
Your goal in this position is the collection of organic waste from businesses across Lincoln, Nebraska and to deliver it to our composting facility.
For the first week, we’ll be training you on your route and showing you how to best serve our customers. You’ll learn our collections runs through Lincoln, NE and how to track the weight of the organic waste, deliver it to the processing facility, and best support our customers to help make their composting program a success.
3 to 5 times a week you’ll do a different run for our weekly pickups. At the end of each day, you’ll clean out the back of the vehicle and make sure the general maintenance of the truck is in good shape.
You’ll thrive in this job if you’ve got:
- Excellent attention to detail – you make sure all of the organic waste makes it into our truck and that you leave the customer’s loading dock looking better than you found it.
- Patience – you do what it takes to get the job done well and can happily explain the benefits of composting to employees of our new customers as you’re making your pickups.
What We’re Looking For
The most important things you can bring are real passion for environmental stewardship, great people skills and dedication to do excellent work.
To be able to do this job you need to have:
- A valid driver’s license
- A driver’s record free of any charges
- The ability to handle and move wheeled collection carts that can be very heavy (250lbs+).
Some other things that aren’t required, but could help you thrive in this position are:
- Commercial driving experience
- Experience doing a customer service job
- Experience with minor maintenance on vehicles (changing the oil, changing tires, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of Lincoln, Nebraska as well as surrounding areas.
- Experience or interest in resource conservation, recycling and or composting (an asset)
Send us an introduction letter and resume to email@example.com. Interviews will be scheduled M-F after 5pm at the Big Red Worms office. Visit our Facebook Page to learn more about what we do.